Saturday, December 1, 2007

My New Phobia

It has been snowing here for about the past 24 hours straight. There is probably 6 inches of snow on everything and the high today was around 32 degrees. Yikes, December is surely here. Well I like snow, I think it's pretty, and it makes it feel more like Christmas. But, I HATE DRIVING IN SNOWY, ICY WEATHER.

I was driving home from campus going very slow (probably 15 mph) and being very cautious. I was approaching a stop sign so I started breaking way early so I would have enough time if the road was slick. As I breaked, the car started sliding completely out of my control. I slid a full 180 degrees around before I caught traction and stopped. Thank goodness the cars around me could stop because I was blocking everything. Luckily there were no cars parked alongside the road (which is a miracle for Provo) because otherwise I surely would have hit them. Oh man, that totally freaked me out, my adrenalin soared, and I started crying. I continued to drive home, in the other direction though because that's the way my car was facing. That, folks, is my new phobia. I change my plans if it is snowy outside because I do not want to drive in it anymore. I know the situation could have been a lot worse, thank goodness it wasn't.

3 comments:

Lindsay Riggs said...

That's so scary! When I was living in Flagstaff I did a 360 coming of the freeway!!! Yikes!

Jenni said...

oh gosh!! were you going down 9th east or 7th east? Where do you guys park? When we lived there we always drove up 7th east and parked on the right side of the road, right before 700 N (or that main road where the light is). I have already forgotten street numbers in Provo!

Laura said...

Yikes! Sounds scary. Good thing you were only going 15 mph. I once got stuck in a snowy curb and some stranger had to come push me out. Nothing as scary as spinning the whole car!