Saturday, November 15, 2008

Burt the Turkey

Last night we had a fun, fall ward party. We first ate a Thanksgiving dinner (probably my only one this year since I have to work). There was a large pumpkin on every table as part of the centerpiece. Then after dinner, the activity was for the couples at each table to turn their pumpkin into a turkey with limited supplies. All we could use were pipe cleaners, colorful puffy balls, big popsicle sticks, plastic eyes, a plastic knife, and a little super glue. Everyone's creations were a little different but very cute. We had probably 10-15 minutes to create it and then the judges came around to evaluate. We are proud to announce that our table won the best overall turkey!!!! It was actually really fun and people got into it. It was easy and much cleaner than carving pumpkins. No one wanted to take our's home so I jumped at the chance. Now Burt the Turkey greets anyone that comes to our apartment. Notice his little feet and his glimmery toe nails (one fell off before we got home). Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

That is really cute! We were sad that we couldn't make it. Sounds like the party was fun!

Cori Simmons said...

Love Burt!! Good job.

Sarah said...

Congratulations! What a cute turkey.

Heidi said...

Cute pumpkin turkey! Just a note. They do serve a free Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving at work. I won't say it's as good as my grandma's, but it's very thoughtful of the hospital to provide it.

Merrick said...

I hadn't checked your blog in a few days, and I'm glad I scrolled down! I forgot to show Philip the picture of Burt that I took on my phone, so now he got to see it! I'm glad he has a good home now :)