Friday, December 10, 2010

First off, thanks for the tips on solutions to a grumpy, teething baby. I stuck to my guns of refusing to nurse at night and now we're back to a 7:30pm bedtime and a 6:30am wake time--nothing in between! All that sadness for this little half-a-tooth. Funny huh? (Yes our guy is a little slow in the tooth growing business, and in the crawling for that matter.) =)

We went and saw the lights at the Mesa Temple. It was such a mild night--probably 60 degrees. Sean is wearing shorts if you can't tell--that's Arizona for ya.
Not that Grant really needs it but I bought him a winter coat at the used kids store for $9.99. It looks almost brand new. I love getting a bargain. Here is proof that Grant can still fall asleep in his stroller on long walks. (I thought he had out-grown this forever but it happened again!) I just realized that lots of what I buy Grant is red, charcoal, and white. I guess I like those colors. Weird.

On another note, I landed what I think will be the perfect job for me! I'm excited about it. I am working in labor and delivery at Banner Baywood Hospital. I'll get through some hectic orientation stuff (36hrs/wk) and then I'll be able to pick my own schedule (no nights, weekends, or holidays)and I'll work only one 12-hour shift per week. Cool huh? It'll probably be tons different from what I'm used to--Provo the baby capital of the world--but I think it'll be good. I start on Monday. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

Really Tall People said...

hi cute girl. love the new pics. can't wait to squeeze that gummy baby of yours. cute headband. i love that you and granters are all bundled up and sean's in a t shirt and shorts. what a guy. also, i think the grey and red might have rubbed off from me. you KNOW those are my favorite colors! glad mr. grant is sleeping in his stroller. i'll miss bbsitting him while you're at work. those were the good ol' days. loves!

Sarah said...

Good luck with the new job. Lucky schedule!

Clark and Liesel said...

Congrats on the job! Banner is great. (my dad works for them) And I am happy Grant is feeling better! Teething can be so stressful! But he sure is so cute!

Lindsay Riggs said...

That is so awesome about your job! I delivered Riley at Banner Baywood. :)

The Holts said...

It looks like you buy Sean some red & white stuff too. :) You guys look cute and I am so excited for your new job!! That sounds AWESOME!!!! Yay!

Kristin said...

Congratulations on the job! I like my job here but really miss Utah Valley... :)

Heidi said...

Congrats on the new job. That's so nice it's so flexible for you and only 12 hours a week. Good luck with the orientation.

Cami and Mitch said...

oh...I am so jealous! That schedule sounds like a dream :) Good luck! I am glad Arizona is treating you guys well!