Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One year older and wiser too...

One year ago this was us. Our little Grant arrived on January 1, 2010 at 12:03 am making him the first baby born in Provo. What a year this has been!!! I know it is so cliche but it really does feel like yesterday. We are so happy to have our little guy in our family. We feel very blessed to be his parents. He has a cheerful countenance and we love him so much. I am so happy I can be with my family forever if I choose the right.

This is us on January 1, 2011. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT!!
Grant ate an entire chocolate cupcake all by himself and loved it. He wasn't shy at all and shoved it right in his mouth.


Looks thrilled doesn't he? =)
Such a content boy when his tummy is full of chocolate
Thanks family for the kind gifts.
When Grant is really excited he waves his arms around and opens his mouth like this.
This has been the hardest yet best year of my life. I think being a mom is an amazing blessing and an overwhelming responsibility. Sometimes I just wish I could express to Grant or show him in some way how much I really love him, but I can't. That's probably how all parents feel at some point. Grant took a few steps last night on his own. He loves walking around with help from willing volunteers. He still won't crawl though. He now gives "high-fives" and sometimes waves. His favorite thing is still clapping. Love ya Grant. We look forward to many, many more birthdays with you. XOXOXOXO

4 comments:

Caytee said...

So cute. He has grown up so quickly!

Lindsay Riggs said...

Such a cute little guy!

Jenni said...

wow! I cannot believe he is already a year old...time does fly! Is that your house? It looks so nice!!

Clark and Liesel said...

I love that Grant loved his cake so much! He sure is a cute little guy. I can't believe he's one already! Where does time go?