Monday, August 29, 2011

Check this out!!

The hospital I work for has implemented corporate-wide policies on inductions and scheduled c-sections. Our work has made TIME magazine. Click on this link to access the article.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/08/26/patience-please-39-weeks-is-the-new-thinking-about-when-to-deliver-babies/

I totally agree with this policy. Sometimes we just have to remind the very (sick of being)pregnant women about what's safest for the baby. 39 weeks is key here folks.

2 comments:

The Wendelschafer's said...

It's like you're speaking to me.... hm.... maybe having the baby in January will help me not be soooo antsy to get the baby out!!! But I did Connor at 40 weeks and Chloe right at 39. But I was definatly ready to go way before that!! Espically in July and August!! January will help:)

Arian said...

I agree with that completely! I totally am ready to be done by like 36 weeks. But, I know that the babies come out happier and healthier when they cook a bit longer. Only problem is that then my babies stay in there till about 41 weeks! :)