Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Remembering

Today I am remembering my loving, selfless, funny, smart daddy who passed away 6 years ago today, on March 27, 2007. That was probably the hardest day of my life. I still miss him very much. I am glad Sean got to meet him a few times and that he got to ask my dad for permission to marry me. I want my kids to know Grandpa Dave. We talk about him often. I want to laugh and make more memories with him. But I do know that where he is now, he is happy and well. And I do know with absolute surety, that I will see him again. For now, I'll reminisce about our earthly days together and look forward to our heavenly days together.
 
November 1988: Chicago, Illinois (I was 2 years old)

 
October 1998: Salt Lake City, UT (I was 12 years old)

 
November 2001: Orem, Utah (I was 15)


May 2002: Salt Lake City, UT  (I was 15)


September 2002: Salt Lake City, UT  (I was 16)


July 2006: Salt Lake City, UT (I was almost 20)

3 comments:

The Woods said...

What a sweet post, Libby. I'm glad you shared these pictures. I never got to meet your dad.

(I especially love that picture of 12-year-old you!)

Laura said...

Thanks, Beth. I love all the old pictures.

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing. You're cute. Love you & your family!