Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Here is a glimpse of our special day, April 4, 2014, when we got to meet our daughter Olivia Jane for the first time. My cousin Jenni came and took these photos and we are so grateful to have these moments captured!
 
(Last belly pic taken by Sean. I was 39 weeks and 2 days along--the closest I've ever gotten to my due date.)
 
 

 
 
 
 
 








 The delivery went really smoothly for which we feel so blessed! I am healthy, Olivia is healthy, and now we are just trying to figure out this family of five thing. The boys love their baby sister and just want to hold and see her at all times.

The scoop on the name: Sean has liked the name Olivia ever since we were pregnant with Grant (and didn't know he was a boy yet.) It also has a family connection on my side. Olivia's 5th-great-grandmother was named Olivia Pratt (Parley P. Pratt's daughter). The Jane comes from Sean's maternal grandma Mary Jane Leany who was an amazing woman. So put that all together and you get Olivia Jane Oborn.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

The miracle of giving birth is so amazing!! You did great, and I am so glad little Olivia is finally here and healthy!!

The Woods said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing those precious pictures. I'm so happy that everything went smoothly!