Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Life

Yesterday Sean and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. Wow, has it already been that long? It was a busy Monday but we did get a babysitter and then we snuck out of the house after all three kids were in bed (7:30pm) and went out to dinner. I can honestly say I'm married to my best friend and he makes me laugh every day!

Life lately has been quite crazy. I'm hoping I'll look back at this time and think, "remember how busy and hectic things were back then?" I'm raising three kids, ages four and under, with no one even in preschool yet. Sometimes the days seem long and we get grouchy staying indoors since it's so hot outside. We are growing and learning and trying hard to be patient. We are definitely in a routine with three kids but it still can be tough. It seems like more than one child needs me pretty much all the time and I have to choose who needs me the most.

Sean works an average of 50 hours per week so his time with the children is limited on weekdays. He is also still going to school full-time and will graduate with an MBA in May. He was recently called as our ward's elder's quorum president which has proven to be stressful and time-consuming as well. I am in the primary presidency and that keeps me busy during the kids' nap time! Every night is filled with responsibilities and duties and we don't get much recreation done but I guess that's okay. There is a time and season for everything. My theme song for our life right now is "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz. Seriously, I listen to it often and just soak it in.

A glimpse of the past month through pictures...



 
 


 



 

2 comments:

Cami and Mitch said...

I hear ya! Three kids has flipped our world upside down :) I'm sure you're doing a wonderful job though, and those kiddos are lucky to have you as their mom!

Glenn Oborn said...

Darling pictures! I sure miss all you guys!