Tuesday, October 7, 2014

6 Months

 Our little lady is now 6 months old. We are all so in love with her and happy to have her in our family. The boys run up to her and talk "baby talk" whenever she is awake. Yesterday Olivia had her 6-month appointment. She got a slew of shots including the flu shot. But luckily, she didn't get too upset. Olivia also got a bilateral hip x ray because of her "mild hip dysplasia". The results came back today and everything looks great. Her hips are healthy and normal and she shouldn't have difficulty walking when the time comes. Here are her stats...
Weight: 17 pounds 12 ounces (77%)
Height: 26.75 inches (82%)
Head: 17.75 inches (98%)
 
Olivia still doesn't roll or sit up alone but that's how Grant and Preston were too and they turned out just fine so I'm not concerned. I think it's their big heads and heavy bodies that make moving quite difficult.

4 comments:

The Daytons said...

I didn't know Olivia had hip dysplasia!!! I don't know if you know or not, since I never blog anymore, I need to get so much better at that sort of thing, but Jovie has hip dysplasia. She had a hip click until about 3 months and then they couldn't feel it anymore. But when she did try to walk we found out it was still there:( But her little hips were just good at hiding it when the doctors would feel for it. We got the x-rays at 15 months and sure enough it was there. Anyway, she had the spica cast for 12 weeks and is in a brace now. Crazy! I'm sure you being a nurse knew what this was but I had no idea it even existed. The things you learn about with kids, huh? I truly hope that Olivia's is like most babies and never has to have anything done for it. She is such a cutie! Aren't girls so fun!

The Woods said...

ADORABLE. Man, that girl is cute.

Melanie said...

I guess it's been forever since I have caught up on blogs that I missed the fact that you had baby #3!! She is darling! Hope you are doing well. Sure miss you on L&D!

Jenni said...

she is gorgeous in these pictures!! I'm glad her hips are okay, I bet that made you nervous to have to get those x-rays!