Thursday, July 5, 2007

Iguazu Falls




















To end our fantastic experience in Argentina we visited the national park called Iguazu Falls. It was absolutely breathtaking with miles of waterfalls hundreds and hundreds of feet deep. I couldn't believe my eyes when we approached the largest fall of all called Devil's Throat. The amount of water rushing over the cliff's edge is phenomenal. It was Eleanor Roosevelt who, upon visiting Iguazu, said, "Poor Niagra". So true, so true. Here is just a glimpse of what this heaven on earth looked like.
My friend Rochelle and I spelling out our enthusiasm with our hands and mouths and saying WOW!!!!!

The one with my shoe is to show how dangerously close we were to the edge of the falls. That's my shoe, the railing, and then the deadly drop off down to the mist-filled canyon. Pretty close huh? You can't even see the bottom where the water lands because of all the mist and because it is so far down. Don't slip!!! =)

Please everyone, if you ever get the chance, visit this beautiful place. It looks like nothing you've ever seen or even imagined before. It was so much better than I ever expected. The pictures and my descriptions do not do justice.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You've convinced me, Beth. I want to go there someday. I don't get the picture with your shoe...I just don't see the drop off. It just looks like some grass or something. Maybe you can explain what I am looking at. =)