Monday, March 24, 2008

I'M DONE!!!!

I just finished my 226 hour capstone internship in labor and delivery! It was a great experience and I learned so much. Last week I had the chance to mentor another nursing student (a year behind me) which was quite neat. I realized how much I really do know and it built my confidence when I taught her how to do things and answered all her questions. As a student you feel like you'll never really be a nurse but reality is about to hit. I graduate in a few weeks and then I'm on my own. I'm in the process of trying to figure out where I want to work. There are lots of opportunities and here's how I'm doing so far...
  • I've applied to 6 different jobs
  • I've had one interview
  • I have 3 interviews scheduled
  • I received 1 full-time job offer but I declined

Well I have some big decisions ahead of me and it's kind of scary and kind of exciting all at the same time. It's weird to be at this point where I'm looking for a job. I remember my first day at BYU (four years ago) I went to a pre-nursing informational meeting and my mom was there too since she drove up to Utah to drop me off at school. I left the meeting and when I got out I started crying because I was so scared and overwhelmed with the thought of trying to get into the nursing program. I didn't think I could manage it. And now I can't believe I'm done. Time flies and a lot happens in four years. Sorry for the ramblings. I guess I'm feeling kind of sentimental right now. Well I should head off to bed. Adios amigos.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Way to go Elizabeth! What a huge accomplishment. I bet you are excited to be out there working as a nurse instead of as a student! So what kind of job are you looking for if you turned that job down? Just wondering!

Lindsay Riggs said...

What a great feeling! Way to go! Life really does fly by when you measure it in semesters! I can't believe that in a few weeks we'll finally be done! What a glorious day!

Laura said...

AWESOME! You're amazing! From everything you said on the phone it sounds like everybody loves you! I'm sure you are such a great nurse!

Kristy Carpenter said...

Congrats! I'm sure that you are an amazing nurse! I know the feeling of realizing that your college years are coming to an end. It's surreal. Keep me updated on if you accept a job offer. Good luck with your upcoming interviews!!! Love ya and miss you tons!!!

Laura said...

Hey Beth,
I can totally help you with your blog if you want. Give me a call because it might be easier to explain over the phone. It always takes me way too long to change the layout (thats why I only change it like twice a year.) I had the cute header, but it didn't fit in the template so now I have to make a new one. Anyway, its not too complicated if someone explains ot all to you so I'd be happy to help. Give me a call whenever. We're home for the rest of the day--its raining outside. =)