Thursday, May 8, 2008

Graduation Celebrations

Graduation came and went and it was so much fun. My mom came into town the Wednesday before which was great to have a little extra time with her. I showed her my nursing labs where I studied and practiced different procedures. We toured BYU and of course had to get a mint brownie for tradition's (and our tummy's) sake. Thursday was commencement which was neat to see all the grads and families together in one room. There were over 6,200 graduates--that's a ton! Elder Bednar spoke and gave a wonderful message about "Loving to Learn" not just during college but all through our lives. It was neat. The interesting thing was that it was snowing like crazy before commencement started but when we came out it was sunny and blue skies. Utah weather changes at the drop of a hat. Well thanks for everyone who supported me through nursing school and graduation. I'm grateful for wonderful family and friends whom I love.


While getting in line before convocation started, I ran into my dear friend Laura and one of our great freshman roommates Cami. We started college life together and now we graduated together. Lots of fun memories for sure.

Mom and me. Thanks mom for being such a great support and cheerleader all through nursing school. I knew I could always call you when I was overwhelmed or stressed and you'd help me through it. You're the best and I don't think I could have done it without you.

Glenn, Sean, me, and Norine after convocation. Thanks so much to everyone for coming and supporting me. I appreciate it so much!!

Me after recieving my diploma.

The tradition for all nursing schools is that when you graduate you not only walk across and get the diploma, you also get "pinned" with that specific school's nursing pin. This is me getting "pinned".

This is a picture of me and my two best nursing buddies. (Emily & Lindsay) These girls are a blast to be with and so sweet and caring. We have a great time whenever we're together. Emily and I both landed the same job in L&D and I'm so excited to continue to work with her. Lindsay will be in UT for the summer and then will probably move, sad day.

I just thought this one was cute and spontaneous. Sean has been a great support for me as I have finished up school. Thanks!!

2 comments:

Lindsay Riggs said...

So fun! Congrats, Elizabeth! We had commencement today and then we have convocation tomorrow. Exciting times!

Unknown said...

ooh la la! I like the last picture :) Can't wait to see you!