Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ode to BYU

So this little post is dedicated to my alma mater, BYU. I have loved attending this university. I admit, my very first semester I was a little homesick and wasn't sure how I felt about it. (ASU was looking pretty nice.) Now, I look back with such gratitude for the education I have received as well as the many other spiritual, physical, and emotional benefits BYU has afforded me. There is just a special feeling on this campus that you can't find anywhere else. I feel blessed to have had a spot here when thousands would want to take my place. Thank you to all who faithfully pay their tithing--you bless the lives of so many!!! Enjoy these pictures and reminisce about your college days.







P.S. One funny thing I'd like to share--I call this "Only at BYU". So Friday night was the big "Senior Celebration" for all the graduating seniors and their spouse. It was so much fun and Sean and I both had a great time. They had free food (pizza, hamburgers, pop, chips, and ice cream), booths, games, prizes, and a great concert put on by an awesome acapella group called Vocal Point. Now the funny thing was, probably 90% of all graduating students had strollers with babies. I couldn't believe how many students have kids. It was seriously crazy, everyone pretty much had a baby or was pregnant. I almost felt like a little kid at a party with all these parents. I'm not making fun of these people, I was just surprised, that's all. =) This would only happen at BYU. =)

3 comments:

Lindsay Riggs said...

Happy day! Congrats, Elizabeth!

Clark and Liesel said...

Wow! Congrats Z! That is such an accomplishment! Way to go! I remember the BYU days....I loved your "only at BYU" moment! In one of my classes there was a woman who would bring her baby to class. One time the baby started crying and it was only then that I realized the baby. It was very strange to me. But somehow people get through! Congrats again!

Laura said...

AMEN!! I LOVE BYU! My years there were seriously some of the most life-changing and unforgettable. There is definitely a special feeling there. Craig and I have both noted that we really feel no "allegience" to GA Tech--our hearts still belong to BYU! Maybe some day Craig will teach there.