Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Today was a good day

We woke up, got ready, and were at our ultrasound appointment by 8am. The ultrasonographer checked out our little baby from head to toe and things seem to be looking great. We heard that beautiful little heart beating away and saw our babe sucking it's thumb. Baby was kicking and moving all over but I can't feel a thing. Maybe in the next few weeks I'll be able to tell when the baby moves. We are so grateful things are looking good and our little peanut is growing well. The tech asked us if we'd like to find out the gender and I quickly said, "yes, please." Baby wasn't cooperating at first and the position made it a little hard.

Finally we saw one leg, then another leg, and a bum. Well folks, it's a boy!! We're thrilled, especially Sean. =) I love knowing what's inside me. It makes me feel like I can bond so much more with our child. I can talk to him and refer to him as "my son". I love it.

Here's me at 17 weeks.

Just kidding. Here's me at 16 weeks with a playground ball stuffed under my shirt.

Here's me at 17 weeks. Not nearly as exciting as the last picture. =)

I always liked seeing "belly pictures" of other gals throughout their pregnancies and wondered why people didn't post more of them. Now I realize why. You feel kind of stupid showing the world how your clothes are fitting tighter, your tummy is getting rounder, and the numbers on the scale are increasing. Oh well, years from now I'll probably be glad for the silly "belly pics" right?

18 comments:

Cori Simmons said...

YEAH! So exciting - thrilled about the news. Congrats!

Jami said...

What fun news!!! Congratulations to the both of you! Have you picked out any names??? :)

Julie Radmall said...

Congratulations!! A boy! That's great that you got to find out at 17 weeks. I know what you mean about the belly pictures. . . But you look darling (you're barely showing) and so happy!

Lindsay Riggs said...

Congratulations! Name ideas yet? For me, it's just awkward to say, "here, take a picture of me posing" to get the belly shot. If it's candid then it's not so awkward. :)

Jenni said...

Happy Day!! That is so exciting that you now know and can prepare for a little guy. And I love to see the tummy updates, but I can understand how it can seem awkard...I've had friends who didn't take any side shots and they regretted it instantly after their little one was born. So even if you don't post them, take them!

Clark and Liesel said...

Hooray!! Hooray!! Hooray!!! I checked your blog several times yesterday I was so excited to hear what the gender was! This is great news! I am so happy for you! I am also happy that I guessed right! :)And I LOVE your belly picture. You are glowing and look beautiful. Keep them coming!

Jon and Heidi said...

We are so excited for you! Boys are the best. I like seeing your pictures it is fun when we don't live by you. We love you guys!

Brittany said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth and Sean! We are so excited for you!

Kristy Carpenter said...

Oh that is a good day!!! How exciting! A little boy...he's going to be a heart breaker I can already tell ;)

Laura Butler said...

Congrats! I totally guessed it! :) That's so fun to know what you're having. You look so cute Elizabeth!

Cami and Mitch said...

Elizabeth-I loved reading this post! And I know that either gender would be perfect, but I do have to say that having a boy has been really fun! Congrats

Tawny said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations! So happy for you!

Karissa said...

Congratulations! Little boys are so adorable! =)

Amber said...

That is so exciting to have a little baby boy! It is funny we are due so close, I have been wanting to comment about it but I was trying to announce it on my blog first :) We need to get together again, you will have to let me know when you will be going to Gilbert next, for goodness sakes our families live across the street from each other!

Laura said...

Ahh, what a cute mama!

Lynda said...

Hi Elizabeth & Shawn.
I found your blog on Chelsea's blog. It's great to see how your life is going! Best wishes to you guys and your little baby boy always!
With Love, Sister Beach

Chelsea said...

I am so excited for you! I first felt Shea moving at 19 weeks and it was just a shifting around, no kicks for a while. I totally agree with you when you say that it is easier to bond once you know if you are having a boy or girl, he is no longer an "it". :) Then, once Sean can feel him, he can start bonding more too. Also, if your experience is the same as mine, as soon as you start looking pregnant, you have friends everywhere you go, the grocery store, the bank, everywhere! People will talk to you and ask you all the famous questions, boy or girl?, you have a name picked?, is this your first?... total strangers become interested in your life! So much fun!

inPRINT designs said...

Congrats, that is so exciting! and you are so tiny! I just found your blog on Tina's. You look so cute! (Melissa Blakey)