Friday, August 7, 2009

Pure Michigan

Have you seen those commercials advertising the great lake state of Michigan? They want you to come and boost their economy and see what "pure Michigan" has to offer. Well about a month ago we did just that--although it was to visit family we haven't seen in 2 years, not to boost their economy. =)

We had a terrific time and did not want to leave. Here are some of the adventures we enjoyed.

1. Canoeing on the beautiful Huron River
2. Swimming lessons for two very excited boys, Caleb and Andrew
3. Adoring our beautiful nephew Aaron whom we had never met even though he is 1.5 years old

4. Walking the trails of the metro parks and seeing the scenery

5. Listening to the outdoor concert at the park on a cool Friday evening
6. Gardening in the backyard
7. Good old-fashioned family time (Mary, Aaron, Matt, Caleb, & Andrew)



Thanks Matt and Mary for such a great trip. It was wonderful to see you guys after a long 2 years. (The last time we saw them was at our wedding.) Michigan is so beautiful, at least in the summer.

5 comments:

Cori Simmons said...

That little guy with the blue eyes is ADORABLE.

Sarah said...

Michigan looks beautiful! It is a place we may move in a year or so for law school -- this makes me look forward to it.

Cami and Mitch said...

You guys have been able to do a lot of fun trips this summer!

Nancy said...

Um, Elizabeth!!!! So crazy... but Mary and Matt are related to me! Mary is my first cousin. Her dad and my mom are siblings!! I was looking through your pictures and was like, hey I know them!!! Small Small world huh? Um, I think your little prego belly is so cute, I hope you are feeling well and everything is going great! Love ya

Laura said...

I didn't know you guys have those commercials too. I thought they were only played in Ohio since we're close to Michigan. I love all the pictures--especially Caleb and Andrew at swim lessons. They look so excited to have you guys there!