Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's Begining to Look a lot like Christmas

It's hard to believe Christmas is next week. Wow the season has gone by really fast for me. This was the closest I could get to a christmas card picture. We didn't send any out but to you who read this blog, Merry Christmas! Maybe next year we'll send out a cute card.
Last weekend was fun because my mom and Steve flew into town for one day. It was great to see them and hang out in our little apartment. Mom will be back when our son arrives and I'm looking forward to that.
Our sweet friends the Hamptons invited us over to make gingerbread houses. They went all out and made real gingerbread for everyone. It works so much better than graham crackers and looks great too. I think I ate more candy than I actually put on my house but oh well. It was fun.
Here's the whole group: Brooke, Mike, Kenley, Erin, Sean, and me.
This is my 37 week picture. I'm 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. They say baby's head is well engaged. I've been having contractions irregularly but nothing too painful. I feel quite large and I wonder how he can grow any bigger without making me pop. =) I was so excited because yesterday, for the first time in my whole pregnancy, I got to take advantage of a parking space at a busy strip mall that said, "Expectant mother's parking only". It was great. It was right next to the handicap spots. It made me smile.
Merry Christmas everyone!!! Find J.O.Y. in this special season. J is for Jesus. O is for others. and Y is for you (in that order).

6 comments:

Karissa said...

You look so cute! You'll be an amazing mother! Hope you have a Merry Christmas =)

Lindsay Riggs said...

You're progressing nicely!! Maybe he'll be here early! Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

I love those spots! They need "new mom" ones too - carrying in the baby and diaper bag... you will see you deserve it just as much. Cute photo. Merry Christmas!

Chelsea said...

Merry Christmas to you too Elizabeth! I will be praying for you to have a smooth delivery of your little boy soon!

Caytee said...

I love your pictures. You look great! It will be here before you know it. And as for that parking sign....you will have to point it out to me. Hm...

Laura said...

Wowsers...you are ready to have that baby! =) How come I had no idea that mom and Steve went to Utah? When was that??!! Why did they go up?!