Thursday, March 31, 2011

My job


Every Tuesday I leave the house at 6:30am and get home at 8pm. It's a very long day and I don't see Grant at all on Tuesdays. But at least I get to do something I love and that is be a labor and delivery nurse at BBMC. I think pregnancy/labor/delivery is the most amazing thing in the world. I love being a part of it. Some patients are great, others are not, but for the most part, it's a rewarding job. The rest of the week I get to be home taking care of Grant. What more could I ask? I feel so blessed to not have to work full-time outside of the home. I feel blessed that Sean has a good job. There is so much to be thankful for.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I was wondering how much you were working, that is awesome to just work one day a week. I am tutoring right now a few days a week and I love it. It is nice to still use your degree!

Kim said...

I bet you are such a great nurse! Since I was in labor for a while, we had 4 different nurses and the good ones made a big difference!

Jami said...

Wish you were at Banner Gateway!!!! Glad that you enjoy your job!! I am sure you are a GREAT nurse!!!

Jenni said...

Do you want to come to San Antonio and be my nurse when I go into labor? I'm sure you could hop on the plane with my parents :)

The Woods said...

Congratulations on the job, Libby! That's great news! How nice that you don't have an all-night shift, too.