Thursday, May 5, 2011

16 Months

As of last Sunday Grant is 16 months old! Time flies doesn't it? I try and do a little "Grant update" every 2 months so here goes.


Grant loves it when daddy comes home from work. They play and laugh and chase each other around all evening. Yesterday we had some fun outside. I know this picture is blurry but it's the only one I could get to show Grant gettin' some air.


Side Note: Here are the first fruits of our labor. We picked our first tomato last night and will have it on our salad tonight. Yum.


We got the hose out to water the garden and ended up watering Grant too. He loved running through the water. He just giggled the whole time and kept coming back for more.

A forward-facing picture of Grant is nearly impossible. He just runs away every time. This is the best I could do.






  • Our little guy is getting more independent and more assertive every day.

  • He hates getting his diaper changed and it is a battle everytime I try.

  • He has become a very picky eater which I do not like at all.

  • He is so scared of the loud garbage truck and runs to hug me everytime it comes down our street.

  • Church is an absolute disaster every week--especially when I have to teach in young women's and Sean has to teach in primary on the same day. NOT GOOD! Grant wants to run around, play, and eat lunch at church. 2 months and counting until nursery.

  • Grant talks more and more and is getting better at telling me what he wants (or at least pointing at it).


  • When we were watching Rachel Ray last week, Grant saw the beautiful plate of food and shouted "Yum Yum". He says that when he wants the food he sees. It made me laugh.


  • Grant is getting more interested in books. Now he'll actually bring me a book and sit on my lap for a couple minutes while I read to him.

  • Grant crawls all the way up the stairs by himself. We still haven't figured out going down though.


  • He's at that stage where he pulls everything out, throws everything around, and re-arranges our whole house. The other day he took my shoes from my closet and threw them in our big bath tub. Interesting spot for them. Good thing there was no water in the tub huh?

  • He does enjoy baby einstein DVDs too. How else would I be able to make dinner? =) What do you do to keep your kiddos busy during dinner prep?

7 comments:

Jami said...

Hey! It was GREAT to see you last night. We for sure need to get together really soon. I would love to meet Grant!!

Really Tall People said...

I can't wait to chase this little guy in a month! he is growing like a weed. i need more of an update, i'll call soon!

Kristin said...

What an active little boy! Fun post!

mrs. ho said...

wow, grant is getting so big! and you should try giving him a bowl and a spoon to "cook" on the floor or in his high chair while you cook, my kids love that.

Chelsea said...

So cute! I love how he put your shoes in the tub. That made me giggle.

Jenni said...

I love those legs! Running around in a onsie and little shoes is so cute!

Cami and Mitch said...

Your blog is so cute, Elizabeth. The few months right before nursery are truly the worst-they are way too active for their own good! Cooper is also very picky. Always has been. If you discover any tricks let me know, because that is a constant battle at our house. Lots of time I have to make him his own meal for dinner. Drives me crazy!! And congrats on your tomato! :) We just planted our first garden and so we are really hoping that something grows.