Sunday, January 8, 2012

What a Week!!!



  • Sean flies to Mexico on business


  • Find out Sean's sweet Grandpa Oborn passed away unexpectedly in Salt Lake City


  • Sean flies back from Mexico


  • One doctor's appt for me (at which I had to wait for an hour and a half to see the doc)


  • One doctor's appt for Grant (stats are coming in another post)


  • Sean takes his 3rd of 4 CPA exams (4 tests, 4 hours each--huge deal)


  • Pack up and drive to Utah


  • Get food poisoning from Subway on the way up


  • All three of us barfing and so, so sick (I spent the whole night on the bathroom floor at the hotel in Kanab. It was beyond awful. I thought I was going to die.)


  • Attend a beautiful viewing and funeral for our Grandpa whom we love so much


  • Pack up and fly home (thank goodness we got to fly)


  • Argue with a very rude flight attendant for how I was dealing with my barely 2-year old child who by federal law had to sit in his own seat with his seat belt on the entire flight!


  • We're home, we barely survived. It's nap time now!!!

3 comments:

The Wendelschafer's said...

Sorry for all the drama... i love flying... but with kids its much more stressful then necessary. Sorry!!! Glad you are home safe and sound... now you can be on call for me :)

The Holts said...

Oh man...this sounds awful. It is hard when a grandparent passes away. And I can understand the flying thing. I have had some rude flight attendants too and I just want to say, "Okay. You switch me spots. I will serve the drinks if you deal with my child!!!" :)

Clark and Liesel said...

Wow. That does sound like quite a week! But u survived!! Flying with kids is def lots of work