Friday, January 13, 2012

Lucky #13

We are so happy to be 13 weeks along with our second child. Baby is due July 19, 2012. I feel extremely blessed and grateful to be pregnant again, however, it has been pretty tough. I have been so sick since week 5 (started at week 8 with Grant's pregnancy) and it has just started to ease up. Woo hoo!!! All day nausea but rarely throwing up (minus the food poisoning part) has been my life. Also, I was shocked to realize how fatigued I could be, even after 8+ hours of sleep at night I feel so tired. Let's just say I've felt like a bad mom and wife the past couple months as it's been so hard for me to be actively playing with Grant and impossible to make dinner (let alone open the fridge and smell that fridgy smell-yuck). I try not to complain much and just be so happy that all these symptoms are a good sign and there will be a prize at the end.

I've had two ob appointments and one ultrasound so far. Everything looks great with baby and the heartbeat is strong. This photo was taken the day I found out. So happy!! I waited all day to tell Sean when he came home from work. I couldn't think of anything exciting to do for the announcment so I just taught Grant how to say "big brother" and then he said it for Sean.
This ultrasound was a month ago so the baby was more like a gummy bear and less babyish. I think it's a girl because this pregnancy has been so different from Grant's. Sean thinks it's a boy. We will see who's right next month.



14 comments:

Kristin said...

Elizabeth, congratulations!! That is so exciting. Glad you're finally feeling better. :) Here's to trimester #2!

Arian said...

Hoooooray! So happy for you guys. Can't wait to hear what you are having. I'm voting for a girl too. I think you would be an adorable girl mommy. :)

Julie Radmall said...

Congratulations Elizabeth!! I so hope you feel better soon. It's tough to be pregnant and have a toddler already, isn't it? We are having a girl in April-- I got your comment on my blog, but my life has been so crazy that I haven't updated it. We love little girls in our family :) Grant is adorable, and I'm glad you survived your trip to Utah for the funeral.

The Woods said...

Woohoo! Great news, missy. I'm excited to hear if it's a boy or a girl. I hope you don't have too many more sick days!

Jon and Heidi said...

We are so happy for you. Congratulations! It is all so very very worth it. Hang in there and remember to enjoy it all because you only get that part for 9 months.

Lindsay Riggs said...

I know exactly what you mean by that fridgy smell! Hopefully the second trimester brings lots more energy and less nausea for you!

The Daytons said...

Elizabeth, you are the cutest mom! Congrats! We are so excited for you guys! I'm sorry about the sickness and the tiredness. With Benson's pregnancy I felt like a bad Mom and Wife too, it is so hard when you already have one at home, good luck! I hope you fell somewhat better soon!

Brittany said...

Congratulations! Exciting news for you guys!

Jenni said...

Love that picture at the top! I'm so happy for you guys that your little gummy bear is doing well and growing strong! I can't believe you all got so sick from Subway, what a terrible night. We need to get together soon.... lets plan something!!

Given Family said...

So excited for you guys!! Congratulations... I'm glad things are better now, after all the sickness.

The Holts said...

Hey!! What exciting news! That is great. It is SO tiring to be pregnant with a toddler. I hope it gets better and better as your pregnancy goes along. Congratulations!

Clark and Liesel said...

I am sooo happy for you guys!! I am sorry you have not been feeling well. It's so much work taking care of one baby while growing another one. I am happy to help you and take grant for an afternoon or something.

Chelsea said...

How exciting! I hope you feel better soon. I bet Grant is so excited to be a big brother!

Melanie said...

Congratulations!!! I know I'm super late to comment but I don't check blogs very often. We sure miss you at UV L&D! Hope life is good for you guys!