Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August

August is one of our busiest months. In the last couple weeks we celebrated our 5-year wedding anniversry, my 26th birthday, Sean's 27th birthday, and our new baby's 8-week birthday. =) Here's a glimpse.


 Grant adores mowing the lawn with Sean. He follows him around the whole yard and absolutely loves it. He comes back in and tells me "I finished mowing the lawn mom."

 Grant and cousin Lucas sharing the Cozy Coupe. Maybe a little too cozy?

 And Preston's first (and I'm sure not last) ride in the doll stroller. Look at how happy Grant is to push him around. And look at all that hair on my little Preston. As far as I can tell, he hasn't lost any from birth.
Well we are still busy here. My definition of a successful day is...
-Both boys are fed, changed, and entertained
-Mom gets a shower
-Mom gets mascara on (that's it though)
-No one cries for more than 15 minutes at a time
-Grant doesn't watch too much PBS
 
That's how I judge my day. Whew! Some life huh?

6 comments:

No Name said...

I like those first two pics of Preston. His hair is so blonde in the last picture of him in the baby stroller. Maybe it's the lighting.

The Daytons said...

Oh my goodness, how cute and happy birthdays to everyone:) And, don't worry that is so successful and so true, I'm impressed you get all that done with new baby and another little buddy running around!

The Woods said...

Elizabeth, you are superwoman! I love the lawn mowing pictures. That's so fun that Grant thinks he's helping Daddy out. Cute, cute boys!

Anonymous said...

Exactly how I judge a successful day, with the addition of eye liner! Your boys are adorable!

The Holts said...

Yeah you are doing good if you get all that done! PBS has become McKay's best friend, although he won't just sit and watch long enough for me to get a break. Hopefully Grant will watch it for you while you feed the baby or do whatever you need to. Your kids are adorable!

Chelsea said...

I love your definition of a successful day as a mom, sounds a lot like mine! :) Hope you get more sleep soon! I would love to have Grant over to play sometime if you would like to nap while Preston does and catch up a bit! Shea would love it, and we're all healthy over here now! Just let me know.