Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Jesus loves everyone

Preston turned 2 months old on Sep. 2nd so I took some more pictures in his blessing outfit before he outgrows it. I love the delicate needlework on the front and the little tiny belt. So sweet. Preston has started cooing and "talking" and his smiles come more frequently too. I love when babies can start to respond back and sort of communicate.
 
 I took him to his 2-month appointment and he has sure grown! Preston weighed in at 13 pounds, 8 ounces. He's 24 inches long and his head is very large at 16.75 inches around. He's not wasting anytime growing bigger that's for sure. He's struggling with fussiness, irritability, and not sleeping so we're looking into a milk allergy or acid reflux disease. It's not fun for any of us but hopefully we can find the reason he's so fussy and fix it quickly. He hasn't slept through the night but hopefully soon. We all need some sleep around this joint.
 And big brother is so talkative these days. He asks me questions all day long and his favorite right now is "Mommy, what time is it? The other night before family prayer, Grant points to me and proclaims, "Jesus does not love you mommy." I had to hold back the laughter because it took me by surprise. Needless to say, last night our family home evening lesson was on how Jesus loves everyone, even mommy. Silly boy. Makes me laugh. He has a great memory and relates and compares things all day long. He is more independent than ever and even has play dates without mommy.


5 comments:

Jami said...

Kiley has acid reflux. We had to put her on Zantac when she was about 2 weeks old. Over the last few months we have been able to completely ween her off of it, but she did have to take it daily for about 2 years. We also put her on the Similac Sensitive (orange can) and it seemed to help lots too!! Good luck to you and your little one. No fun to see them struggle!!

JenW said...

Avery had really bad reflux, Blake had some but dealt with it ok and of course christian had it super severely...they all took medicine for it. The thing that surprised me about the medicine was that it took several weeks to neutralize the acid and therefore took a bit to really show that it was working. Are you nursing? If yes then what YOU eat has quite an effect as well. I saw a marked difference when I cut out dairy, pasta sauce, anything spicy etc. it kinda sucks to restrict like that but it was helpful for us. Let me know if you want to talk about anything:) since my comment is getting long:)

Jenni said...

Love the "brotherly love" in that last picture! :) I can't believe how big Preston is! His face is filling out and looking older!! I need to see him before the newborn is all gone!!

Laura said...

I love that second picture of Preston with his hands together. He looks so thoughtful and peaceful.

The Holts said...

Preston is a cutie! McKay took prevacid for acid reflux. It worked well. That is really too bad that he is so fussy and not sleeping! That would be so hard because you're exhausted as it is just taking care of a toddler and a baby!!! Hope it gets better soon. :)