Thursday, October 24, 2013

Drumroll Please....

Yesterday was the day I've been looking forward to for a while. Sean left work early, my mom came to babysit, and we headed to the doctor's office. This wasn't the extensive, anatomical ultrasound (that's the next appt.), but we were able to get a quick peak and see the gender of our little one. We are excited to announce that Grant and Preston will have a baby sister!! I can't even believe it. It's weird to even write that out or say it. I'm so used to my boys. Sean was right again--shocker. =)
 
Sean and I stopped at the store to buy something pink to announce it to the boys. I picked these pink-frosted cookies, bought them, and put them in a brown, paper bag. We got home and told Grant, Preston, and Grandma that we had a present for them. Grant opened them, screamed "pink", and then was so excited about eating them that he didn't care about the significance. My mom totally freaked out. It was fun. Preston is still such a baby he doesn't know what is going on. But of course, he got a few bites and totally loved the "sister cookies". It was a fun day!
 
 



3 comments:

The Woods said...

WOW! Congrats! I need to check your blog more often - I hadn't read that you were expecting. Wonderful news, guys. We're so so so thrilled for you.

The Daytons said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you guys! Yay, 2 boys and a girl, it really is so fun, I can tell you from experience! Haha, and I totally remember the feelings of not really believing I was having a girl. Right after Jovie was born when they brought her to me(I had only gotten to hold her for a second since her oxygen was low) she already had a diaper on and I turned to Ryan and said, did you look? Is it really a girl:) Anyway, it will be so fun! We really are so happy for you guys. You are such an awesome Mom and I always love reading your updates. P.S. So sorry I STILL haven't responded to your last email, I will do that soon!

Cami and Mitch said...

Yay! Congrats! We are in the same boat, having a girl in a couple months :) it is so exciting!