Saturday, May 29, 2010

I tried a little craft project to help spruce up Grant's room.

Before:

After:
This isn't supposed to happen at the end of May.

These doggie slippers keep Gran'ts feet warm when the snow falls in May.
Working night shifts is so dang hard as a mom. I never realized how easy I had it before Grant was born. I leave for work about 5:30pm, get home about 6:30am, and Grant wakes up between 7 and 8am. Sean then leaves for work and I take care of Grant all day, trying to squeeze in a nap or two during his naps. I have no energy on these days and Grant gets some lounging time in mommy's bed. I love being a labor and delivery nurse though and the health insurance is important for our family. That's why I'm still there.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm just about to start night shifts again and I'm nervous about the sleep thing. Do you get naps in before you work? I'm not sure if I can even make it through the shift, let alone the next day! Good luck as you keep on working. As much extra work as having a baby brings, I would never trade the easy life I had pre-baby for my little guy!!

Heidi said...

I love the "G" and the doggie slippers! So cute. Crazy May weather. That's Utah for you. Sorry work is hard. Things are so different once you have a baby. But aren't babies the best?

Kristin said...

I totally admire you and everyone who works with kids! I don't know how you do it! That "G" is so cute, by the way.

The Woods said...

Hang in there, Elizabeth. I don't know how you can do that wither. I would be a complete grump all the time. What are your plans this summer? When is the move?

Sarah said...

Oh man. I know that feeling too. It is so hard. I wish I didn't have to do it. But alas, we must. :)

Cute craft! You are amazing.