Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Surprise, Surprise!!

Here is a profile shot of our baby's head and torso. I think I can already tell that baby inherited Sean's big lips. =)


Yesterday I had a regular OB appointment. Everything looks great and healthy for which I am so grateful. The doctor surprised me when he wanted to do another quick ultrasound to check dates. He asked me if I wanted to know the gender. I was all alone but how could I resist? I didn't want to wait another month or so for another appointment to be made. So I said "sure". He did the ultrasound. Baby is measuring well for the set due date and was moving all over the place--so fun to watch! And of course we took a quick peak down south and to my surprise, baby #2 is a boy!!! I couldn't believe it but I am so happy. I called Sean because I knew he couldn't wait to find out. We're thrilled. He and Grant were right all along while I thought it was a girl this whole time. Shows how far my motherly instinct goes huh?


Here's me and baby boy at 14 weeks
And again at 16 weeks


9 comments:

Jami said...

CONGRATS!!!

Today Will Never Come Again said...

Horray for boys! We're so excited for you guys!

Cami and Mitch said...

yay! I have been checking your blog often hoping to see what you were having :) As much as I wanted a girl for my second, I can now say that I am so glad to have two boys next to each other!

Kristin said...

How exciting, congrats!! You look great, Elizabeth! :)

Laura said...

Did you lose weight since I last saw you? You seriously look TINY! I can see the baby bump, but other than that you look like a twig. Also, how does your hair grow so fast? It is sooooo long!

Lindsay Riggs said...

Congratulations! It's so nice to be able to use hand me downs instead of having to buy all new clothes! :)

Laura Butler said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I'm way excited you're having another boy! I totally thought Owen was gonna be a girl and Mark thought he was a boy.:) Grant is super cute! I love the pics! Miss you guys!

Tawny said...

Congrats! You look great (of course)! So far I've been wrong every time....we must have the same insticts. For the next one, I'm just going to assume it's the opposite gender of what I think it is.

Jenni said...

You look so cute Elizabeth!! Love the baby bump photos... good job! And the JC Penny ones are pretty cute too!